Retailers today indulge in a lot of traditional practices to gauge the footfall in the store. From staff members doing regular calculations, to having a staff member at the exit to use a counter for a rough number of customers who’ve visited the store; but all these figures are rough estimates and the data gathered could be erroneous.
One would need a more precise and unambiguous technology to understand the real footfall in the stores. Additionally, instead of just considering the footfall on the gates, if one could measure the dwell time along with sales figures, a retailer could gauge the conversion rate in any particular store.
An edge over the rest!
RadioLocus is a first-in-kind product and metrics for the Indian retail market. It’s a preeminent technology available in India that can communicate how much time a customer is spending in your store and in what section of your store. Right now; all the data accumulated is through physical observations by the sales staff and the staff on the payment counter, solely on the basis of their gut feeling and instinct and these being manual are prone to errors. But RadioLocus enables the retailers to capture more accurate data on the basis of the behavioral pattern of the customers once they’ve entered the stores. This is an advantage because unlike manual/human observations, the data accumulated via RadioLocus is measurable and that is not only for one store but across all the stores. The gathered data that RadioLocus provides can help you to make day-to-day, store -level marketing and retail decisions, not on the basis of intuition but facts and specifics.
How according to us can retailers increase dwell time?
- All about the face value: Make sure your store has a welcoming feel to it; keep it simple, vibrant and attractive throughout.
- Customer’s demand: The basis of this is to give the customers what they’re looking for. Make sure there’s a balance between supply and demand.
- Ambience: Set the mood right with great music and relaxed feel.
- Efficient customer service: Make sure that the customers get efficient service the staff should be proactive and enthusiastic in their approach.
- Easy Customer Interaction: Customers want their shopping experience to be easy going and fulfilling and that is what the store needs to bear in mind.
- Social Proof: Talk about trends and popularity of products to help the customer know what the standing of that particular product in the social arena.
- If you compare the dwell time data to your actual sales data, you will be able to narrow down on several operational gaps which can be closed by shifting merchandise, increasing sales personnel in an area or changing the navigational route of a customer.
- You could also compare if the visual merchandise put up in the store grabs eyeballs or is it not engaging enough accordingly the store décor can be planned.